Friday, November 14, 2008

Two Roads Diverged

My old blog was too conflicting for me. It was a time where two paths were laid out before me and I continuously fluctuated and faltered. Who was I? Where was I going? How was I going to get there? It was a time of serious thought and troubling thought. I chose to stop posting on Incessancy (Although I love the name of that blog still) and start a new one. Two Roads Diverged is taken from a poem I love by Robert Frost.

The Road Not Taken
Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


That is me. I had a choice, I know I made the right choice. Nothing could ever convince me otherwise. Though at the start of this year you would have been able to convince me of many things. I was an open mind willing to soak up any opinion that made sense. But is that what we should do? Accept what is "makes sense"? No, we must accept logic but ultimately the truth. Which really, truth is logical, so if we accept logic we are accepting truth, and if we accept truth we are inadvertently accepting logic. There is no other way.

This is the start of my new blog. This is because a new season has been laid out before me and it's been a most exhilarating experience so far. Why stop now? Now and for the rest of my life I shall take the road less traveled by, and I know it will make all the difference, because it already has begun to make a difference.

*Note this is not a fancy blog, this is not a creative writing blog, this is just my blog. Whatever is on my heart, mind, or soul when typing away is what will be written. But there is a theme. To simply let this path unfold before me and record certain moments in it.
-Leah

No comments: