Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Catching Mere Glimpses

Job 11:7-8 "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens--what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave --what can you know?"

I decided to change the name of my blog... and change the url address, but hopefully that isn't too problematic? Why? I'm so glad you asked! Instead of starting a whole new blog, I decided to keep posting here and simply change the name. I used to blog on "Incessancy" then switched to "Two Roads Diverged" because I like my blogs to reflect what's going on inside my life. You can see here why I named it "Two Roads Diverged."

Incessancy is a reflection of the incessant chaos and question asking, searching, seeking, and probing I did. Then, two paths were laid before me. I took the one less travelled by, and that is why I named my blog after the wonderful poem Two Roads Diverged. Since then God has done INCREDIBLE things in my life, heart, and mind! I look around and am in utter and complete awe of this glorious and magnificent God I serve. It blows my mind! And it humbles me because the more I see, the more I realize the less I know. And the more that I understand I barely know anything... the more I want to continually seek this wonderful Saviour of mine! My eyes are opening to the fact that I what I see is but a mere glimpse of everything glorious about God.

So again Job 11:7-8 "Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens--what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave --what can you know?" What can I know? Ahh. I love these verses! It just humbles me all over again, God is unfathomable, He is limitless, His is higher than any other, deeper than the deepest depth... how do I even grasp that? How do I know a God who is so far beyond my own comprehension? Only by His grace! God reveals Himself simply because He chooses to do so! His love surpasses anything we can ever know or understand. But we can have this love, though we cannot wrap our minds fully around it, yet it is ours. Crazy! And compared to eternity? 1 Peter 1:13 "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed." Preparing our minds, being ready... setting our hope one HIM and His grace for the day Christ is revealed. There is MORE to be revealed!! This is absolutely thrilling! God reveals Himself to us now, but we are catching but mere glimpses in light of who He is and who will be revealed to us in Eternity!

I am caught up in this, I pray forever. But this season of life I am in... I feel this blog I write in would be more exquisite if I let the name reflect my heart(:

No comments: